This Grilled Pineapple Topped with Ice Cream is a great summertime dessert when the grill is already in use. Try with peaches too!
I’m not really a fan of canned pineapple, but fresh pineapple is really good. Take the fresh pineapple, cover it in sugar and butter, and grill it…even more yum!
It ends up being like a candied pineapple because the heat from the grill basically caramelizes the sugar mixture onto the pineapple pieces.
Top with your favorite ice cream. Definitely a delicious sweet treat!Print
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cut the pineapple into spears or rings, removing the core.
- Super easy to just use a pineapple corer/slicer tool.
- Preheat gas grill to medium-high heat.
In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter, then whisk in the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Add the pineapple to the bowl and gently coat with the mixture.
Place the pineapple pieces on the grill and cook for a few minutes on each side, or until grill marks begin to appear.
- Baste with sugar mixture during grilling.
- Depending on the size of the pineapple pieces, cooking time will be 5-10 minutes total.
- Category: Dessert, BBQ, Grill, Appetizer
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American