You have to try these Easy Lemon Butter Cookies.
Lemon Butter Cookies taste just like a delicate lemony pastry cookie from the best bakery in town.
The cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Using confectioners’ sugar in the dough in place of granulated sugar gives these lemony cookies a light deliciously crumb.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- Finely grated lemon zest, for garnish
How to Make Lemon Butter Cookies
Preheat the oven to 350°.
In a large bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the butter with the confectioners’ sugar until very smooth, about 2 minutes.
Beat in the lemon zest and juice, then beat in the flour and salt.
Roll half of the dough into 1-inch balls.
Arrange the balls 1 inch apart on 2 baking sheets.
Using your fingers, gently flatten each cookie.
Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until the cookies are lightly browned on the bottom and just firm.
Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer them to a rack to cool completely.
Let the baking sheets cool slightly, then repeat with the remaining dough
In a bowl, whisk the confectioners’ sugar with the lemon juice and butter until smooth.
Spread the lemon glaze on the cooled cookies and garnish with finely grated lemon zest.
Let stand until the glaze is set, about 15 minutes.
CHECK OUT MORE OF JENS DESSERTS HERE