This Healthy One-Skillet Mozzarella Chicken Thighs recipe is Keto friendly and so yummy!
Even better, you can have it on the table in about 30 minutes!
The chicken thigh is the most flavorful part of the chicken and prepared with tomatoes and mozzarella cheese make them even tastier. And since this is a one skillet dinner, preparation and clean-up is easy.
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil divided
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1½ T. Italian seasoning divided
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 T. unsalted butter
- ¼ c. chicken broth preferably organic
- ½ c. multi-colored cherry tomatoes quartered*
- 8 oz. fresh Mozzarella cheese sliced
- ½ t. red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- Rub the chicken thighs with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle both sides with one tablespoon Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and transfer to the hot skillet.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until the chicken develops a golden crust. Remove from heat and add butter, chicken broth, and cherry tomatoes. Top each chicken thigh with a slice of fresh Mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes and remaining Italian seasoning. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Transfer skillet into pre-heated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and the Mozzarella is melted. Remove from oven and allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve, top chicken with some pan sauce and fresh basil sprigs, if desired.
Sprigs fresh basil *Multi-color tomatoes suggested for visual appeal. Can substitute fresh tomatoes of choice.
Serve with one of Jens Desserts HERE
You might also like some of these other Chicken Recipes