This Loaded Cauliflower Au Gratin Recipe is like a baked potato. All the familiar flavors of your favorite stuffed potato.
This cheesy casserole that is low in carbs and high in flavor makes a perfect side dish.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
- 4 c. cauliflower florets chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 6 oz. cream cheese cut into chunks
- ¼ c. heavy cream
- 3 T. unsalted butter softened
- ¼ t. garlic powder
- ½ t. dried dill
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1½ c. Italian cheese blend shredded
- 4 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 T. fresh chives chopped
- Place top oven rack in the center position and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the cauliflower in a steamer basket on top of a pot with boiling water and steam until fork-tender, around 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer cauliflower into a cold water bath to prevent further cooking. Drain well and pat dry.
- Transfer steamed cauliflower to a large bowl and add cream cheese, heavy cream, butter, garlic powder, and dried dill. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
- Transfer to oven-safe casserole dish and top with shredded cheese blend and crumbled bacon. Place in pre-heated oven and roast until cheese is melted and nicely browned on top, around 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately topped with fresh chives. Enjoy!
Check out more of Jens recipes HERE